Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Calling All Angels by Train


I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere

More fallout today over the controversial remarks
made by radio host Don Imus towards the Rutgers Women's
basketball team. Several protests are planned for this afternoon,
including this one at City Hall this morning.
Since calling the Rutgers Women's basketball team
nappy-headed ho's", people are attacking Don Imus'
character with protests


I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup


Two million people are living in camps both within
Sudan and in neighbouring Chad since conflict began
in 2003. Many fled their homes because of the ongoing
violence between pro-government Arab Janjaweed
militia groups and rebel groups in Darfur.
At least 200,000 have died.


When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you feel the world shake from the words that are said
And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels
I won't give up if you dont give up

Last night's anti-violence march in
West Philly was mostly a success
because onlyone person was shot

I need a sign to let me know you're here
Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me
When children have to play inside so they don't disappear

More than half of children in
India are sexually abused.
Pope claims there cannot
possibly be that many priests

And private eyes solve marriage lies cause we don't talk for years

English soccer ace David Beckham has spent a
staggering $1.8 million on the world's most expensive
sex toy as a present for his pregnant wife Victoria.
The platinum vibrator, with a 10-carat diamond
encrusted base linked to a 16-carat diamond necklace,
is one of only 10 in the world --


And football teams are kissing Queens
and losing sight of having dreams

“It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right,”
Goodell said. Jones’ off-field conduct has included
10 instances in which he was interviewed by police.
The most recent took place in Las Vegas, after a fight
and shooting at a strip club that paralyzed one man.

In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Calling all you angels


The key to my serenity is acceptance. But "acceptance" does not mean that I have to like it, condone it, or even ignore it. What it does mean is I am powerless to do anything about it... and I have to accept that fact.
Nor does it mean that I have to accept "unacceptable behavor." Today I have choices. I no longer have to accept abuse in any form. I can choose to walk away, even if it means stepping out into the unknown. I no longer have to fear "change" or the unknown. I can merely accept it as part of the journey. Pg 449 BB