Friday, February 09, 2007

The Universe Listens


Monday on my lunch hour I was reading sober blogs and I came across Lash’s post. http://coffeebitch.blogspot.com/ He wrote about his son having a melt down because he didn’t want to stay at preschool that day; and his own reaction to the entire experience. Apparently his kid kicked and screamed and Lash had to take him out of there….well, read the post.

It was “just another manic Monday” for me. A long week looming ahead. I commented on Lash’s post: I want to go home too. I'm at work. If only I could kick the wall and scream and someone would love me enough to pick me up and take me outta here.

Obviously someone loved me enough

Less than four hours later my boss told me that my job is being cut back to two days a week.

I could write about my wounded ego, or about fear, or even about anger. They all came up. But those are all states of mind. They come, they go. They don’t serve me today.

What I want to write about is the absolute evidence that God is working in my life, gently caring for my mind, my body and my spirit. When we do our 3rd step prayer and surrender our will and our life to God’s care, it has been my experience that the Universe listens. We get gifts, even if we don’t like the way they are packaged.

We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well. Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our own little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn. Page 63 BB