Thursday, February 15, 2007

Turning Points





I feel like I’m at a turning point, and I don’t know what it is. I don’t know if it is a beginning or and ending. Maybe it is just a surrender, but I don’t know what I’m surrendering. I feel different inside. My mind has become very quiet.

I’ve always had a very noisy mind. I think too much, plan, analyze, wonder, second guess….. It seems to have just calmed. I feel like I want to knock on my temple and say Helloooo? Anybody in there? Where has the committee gone?

I’ve been doing 11th step work, learning about meditation and God consciousness. The actual practice of meditation didn’t come easy to me at first. I struggled to silence my mind and stay focused; often I fell asleep. But it’s getting better, easier……progress, not perfection. My amazing moments in meditation come when I finally get quiet enough to let go into God. At that moment it is just me and divine peace.

I don’t understand my turning point, but I know I’m changing, and I like it. I think it’s ironic that my 11th step work has brought about Surrender and new Clarity to my faith….as though the 11th and 12th steps eventually lead you right back to an even more powerful 1st, 2nd and 3rd, like a big circle. Something new for me to ponder.

We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon. BB pg 59